Effective Date: 04/06/2022
- What Information Do We Collect?
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Third Parties
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- Third-Party Payment Processing
- Where is Your Information Located?
- How Long Do We Store Your Information?
- What are Your Rights and Choices?
- Links To Other Websites and Third-Party Content
- International Transfers
- How Do We Protect Your Information?
- How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
- Contacting TULA
What Information Do We Collect?
When you use our Site or the Services, we may collect personal information from or about you.
Information We Collect Directly from You
When you open an account, place an order, opt-in to receive emails, or interact with us on social media or through the Services, you may provide the following categories of personal information to us:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Account information, such as your username and password.
- Billing information, such as credit card details, billing address, and shipping address.
- Product or purchase details, such as order history, sample request, and subscription details.
- Preferences information, such as your age group, date of birth, gender, social media posts (including handles and content), your location, product or cosmetics usage and concerns, personal characteristics, and other information such as answers to our “skin quiz” or other surveys, ratings or review responses, or contest participation details.
Referral Program (U.S. Only)
If you choose to use our refer-a-friend service to tell a friend about TULA, we may collect your friend's name and email address to send your friend an email and one follow-up reminder email inviting him or her to shop with us. We store information about the individuals you refer in order to send these emails and to administer and track the success of our referral program.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
If you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions. The information we collect may include your name, photograph, and email address. We may also collect information about you from third parties, including mailing list providers, online advertising networks, analytics vendors, companies that co-sponsor promotions, publicly available sources, or friends that refer you to TULA.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
- Online identifiers, such as IP address, advertising ID, unique device ID, and internal and third-party IDs that have been assigned to you.
- Device information, such as information about the devices that are used to access our Site (such as browser information, device type, and operating system information).
- Location information, such as information about your general location derived from your IP address.
- Internet activity information, such as information about your use of the Site (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites, and which emails you may have opened), the websites or links that referred you to our Site, the search terms used to find our Site, your interactions with the e-mails we send to you, your browsing history; and social media you use, including the “shares” and “likes” you make on a social media platform that is connected to the Site
- Usage information, such as information about the number and frequency of visitors to our Site.
We may associate this information with your TULA account if you have one, the device you use to connect to our Site, or email or social media accounts that you use to engage with TULA.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We may automatically gather information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site using cookies, web beacons, log files, and similar technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “log file” tracks your actions on websites and may collect information related to your device, browser, internet service provider, and the time of your activity. A “web beacon,” also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server.
We collect information using cookies. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first-party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when you revisit our Site; and (2) third-party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Site, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when visiting other websites.
Our Site uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but identify your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site. Your choices for managing use of cookie include:
- Managing your cookie preferences. Our site allows you to manage your cookie preferences (i.e., opting in or out of the placement of non-essential cookies by our site) by accessing the appropriate link in the footer of our site.
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Google Analytics uses its own cookies and is only used to improve how our Site works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics, cookies, and about how Google protects your data on the Google website. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing a browser plugin.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Our Site contains electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called pixels or single-pixel gifs) which are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns and to understand and optimize how our Site is used.
Our site gathers certain browser details and site interaction data (i.e., when and how you interact with our site) automatically and stores it in log files to analyze trends, administer our Site, and track visitor movement for analytics and performance improvement.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Third Parties
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We and the service providers working on our behalf use personal information collected about you to:
- To Communicate with You: To send you e-mail and postal mail, surveys, and other communications; to respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions, including any customer service inquiries you may submit.
- To Fulfill your Order: To send you order confirmations, provide order updates, and process your order (including shipping and returns).
- Provide, Maintain, and Improve our Services: To help us with website user analytics, research, product development, marketing, and advertising campaign measurement; to conduct or administer surveys, quizzes, and other market research; to provide you with opportunities to participate in contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions; and to otherwise facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews.
- Marketing the Services to You: Where you’ve opted in or consented, we may communicate with you about our Services, including to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Career Opportunities: If you submit personal information in connection with job opportunities via our Site or through email, we will use and disclose the information to process your application (including to contact you and/or your references and former employers, if appropriate), to monitor recruitment statistics, and to comply with government reporting requirements.
- Enforce our Legal Rights or Comply with the Law: Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; comply with applicable law; and enforce our terms of service on the applicable website.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: Prevent, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud or other illegal activity.
We only use your personal information for the purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your personal information and obtain proper consent, where required.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without first providing notice.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy. We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services in connection with our business activities and are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services directed by us and in a manner consistent with this Policy.
Specifically, we may share your personal information:
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as those that provide shipment, payment, and fulfillment services, customer service, website hosting, data analytics, marketing support, and database management services;
- With select partners as a part of an event or co-sponsored promotions;
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (e.g., to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process), protect and defend TULA’s rights or property, protect the safety of our customers and website users or the public, and protect against legal liability;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by a third party;
- Between and among TULA’s current and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- Other third parties with your consent and at your direction.
Public Content and Product Reviews
When you provide a product review or other user content, that content may be publicly posted. Other users may be able to see your name or other information about you that you post. If you prefer that we not share your information with such third parties, you may opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third-Party Payment Processing
Online payments made through our Site are handled by our third-party payment services provider. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. If you have any questions about payments or would like to dispute a charge, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Where is Your Information Located?
TULA is headquartered in the United States. We currently have operations, including offering our services and products, in the United States and Canada. For information on how we handle the sharing or transfer of personal information, please refer to the International Transfers section below.
How Long Do We Store Your Information?
Our retention periods for personal information are based on business needs and legal requirements. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you), in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
What are Your Rights and Choices?
Managing or deleting your TULA account
You may review, update, or modify your personal information, including profile and contact information, at any time by logging into your TULA account. You may request deletion of your personal information by completing the webform below or delete your TULA account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out of email marketing
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by completing our webform, following the instructions included in our emails, or by emailing email@example.com. If you opt out of receiving such communications, please note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Canadian Privacy Rights
Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) provides Canadian residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. If you reside in Canada, you or your authorized agent may request that we take the following actions in relation to your personal information:
- Right to Access your Personal Information: Transfer a copy of specific pieces of personal information that we have about you and how we process it to you in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to Deletion: Delete the personal information that TULA maintains about you.
- Right to Rectification: Update or correct inaccuracies in the personal information that TULA maintains about you.
- Withdrawal of Consent: Modify or rescind your express consent for processing your personal information.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. If you reside in California, you or your authorized agent may request that we take the following actions in relation to your personal information:
- Right to Know: Inform you about our personal information practices including categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you within the last 12 months, the purpose for collecting your personal information, and the categories of third parties with which we share/disclose personal information, including for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Access your Personal Information: Transfer a copy of specific pieces of personal information that we have to you in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to Deletion: Delete the personal information that TULA maintains about you.
- Right to Opt-Out: The CCPA defines “sale” broadly to include any sharing of personal information with third parties in exchange for value. While TULA does not sell your personal information in exchange for money, like many online businesses, we may share your information with third parties such as Google, Facebook and other advertising partners through the cookies and/or pixels they place on our Site. This sharing of information may be considered a “sale” under CCPA. California residents have the right to opt-out of this activity by clicking the “Do Not Sell My Information” link at the footer of this site.
Exercising your Data Subject Rights
If you reside in the United States or Canada and you, or your authorized agent, would like to submit a request, you may do so by completing our webform, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to us at our postal address provided below.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. We will not discriminate against you based upon your exercise of any of these rights.
If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal data or response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may contact us at email@example.com. You also have the right to file a complaint with the data protection regulatory authority in your country.
Our Services are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from visitors under the age of 16. If a child under 16 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 16, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
We may provide links to third-party websites, services, and applications that are not operated or controlled by TULA. These third-party services may include, for example, an activity feed or social media buttons. The links to third-party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content, or websites.
TULA is headquartered in the United States and has affiliates and service providers in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country. When TULA makes such transfers of personal information, it will take reasonable and adequate measures, in accordance with applicable data protection laws, designed to protect the personal information.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. TULA has implemented technical, physical, and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, or as otherwise required by applicable law. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we do so, we will post the updated policy on our Site and will indicate when the Policy was last revised. If we make any material changes, we will provide you with additional notice. You should periodically review our current Policy to stay informed of our personal information practices.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy or would like to update your preferences or information that we have about you, please contact our Privacy Officer by writing or emailing us at the addresses listed below and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request.
TULA Life, Inc.
Attn: Courtney Browne
228 Park Avenue South
New York, New York 10003-1502
Copyright © TULA Life, Inc. All rights reserved.